Sunday, March 29, 2009

AK Day 3 - the day the Ash came.

Woke up at 7am, did a good hour of bending. Watched the snow falling the whole time.

The other cabinmates woke up and soon were talking about running out the door and heading up to the hill. I wasn't going to hold them up, they were giving me a ride. We pushed the truck out of the snow bank, and I hoped up onto the bed of the truck and we were on our way. We went up to the tram - which was great. 1st Tram on a Powder Day!

I skied Christmas Chute first thing, I was probably the 4th or 6th person to drop into the chute. Then road the tram back up and skied Ragdoll chute. That was one of the best runs of the day. I skied a sluff field all the way down. Powder over my knees the whole way. Face shot after face shot. Back up the tram and then to Chuck's Chute/face. Also a good time.
This was about the time I ran into Tom and Rebecca. That was great cuz I got to ski with them for the next few hours. Tom and I skied Christmas Chute, and then we skied "the Pinky" which was really cool. Got a good shot of Tom boosting.

We also took a great untouched powder line down to the tram base. No pictures but it was certainly fantastic. Then as we left the hill at 5pm, the ASH storm moved in.

We didn't even notice until we went out to pick up our skis. GEEZE - that moved in fast. Luckily it moved out just as fast. We haven't seen much more since about 6pm.
I need to upload some video, but I'm tired from tuning skis. My legs are so shot, but I hope we get some snow so I can get out there again tomorrow!
Pretty cool - Jake Sakson showed up tonight. Jake's Promo Video

2 comments:

Scott A. Ellis said...

dude, the chutes are so sweeet on a powder day! long and steep!

Scott A. Ellis said...

did you talk to CPG yet? are you going to get to fly?