Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 14-15th, 2009

We got a slightly later than planned start cuz Gfunk likes to stay in bed and Moses enjoyed poker night to the fullest. No worries though, we stopped along the roadside at the Lockeford Donuts and Liquor for breakfast. I picked up 3 donuts and some OJ and we were on our way. I recommend the stop - you play billiards or sit at the bar to enjoy your donuts. I dropped Moses off at the wood and took Mingus with me to do some cleaning of the cabin. Such was needed after the Tahio weekend (see photos here).
I returned to the wood 'bout 2:45 and then realized that I forgot my skis back at the cabin. I walked around with Mingus for a while making many new friends. Then met Moses up at the Tower bar where I waited with him till 3:55pm. I then adjusted Moses bindings and headed up for Last Chair on #10.
My sister joined us for some PIZZA and BEER at Bob's Dog Pizza. Pretty good, and they have Ms.PacMan! Then we stopped by the best bottle shop in South Lake and retired for some games at the Cabin. We played some Pass the Pigs which John won every game. Check out the only roll where he didn't score points. We finished the night up with a Midwestern favorite: Euchre. The next day John, Moses, and did some lift serve at Kwood, then Moses and I joined Mingus for a stoll up what I'm calling Caple's Cliffs. We found some great snow. Here Mingus is enjoying the view from the crest.

All in all a great weekend. Make sure to click on one of the photos above to see all the photos. If you'd like to see some of the silly videos taken you can see them here: Leard's VIMEO. NOTE: you will need Flash 10 to play the videos, so go ahead and install that there on the Vimeo site.

No comments: